Where Immigration and Tax Laws Intersect
Trow & Rahal has expertise in the area of immigration law that intersects with tax law. The immigration attorneys at Trow & Rahal advise individual clients on complicated citizenship matters as well as immigration solutions to meet individual tax objectives, and we advise clients who wish to relinquish their green card or U.S citizenship.
We partner with tax attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors to integrate their clients’ U.S. immigration and citizenship status with business and tax objectives. The private clients at Trow & Rahal trust us to provide direction in legal matters concerning immigration and tax law.
For high net worth clients, Trow & Rahal immigration attorneys provide advice on:
- Developing U.S. immigration strategies to avoid U.S. tax residency while maintaining the ability to reside and work in the United States.
- Obtaining U.S. nonimmigrant (temporary) visa status and permanent resident (green card) status.
- Voluntarily surrendering U.S. permanent resident (green card) status and transitioning to nonimmigrant (temporary) visa status.
- Obtaining U.S. citizenship through naturalization in order to qualify for the marital exemption from U.S. gift and estate taxes.
- Voluntarily renouncing or relinquishing U.S. citizenship, and obtaining other citizenship through investment.
- Confirming loss of U.S. citizenship with retroactive effect on the basis of past expatriating acts.
For additional information or to schedule a consultation, call Steve Trow or send him an e-mail.
Our firm specializes in tax and estate planning for wealthy international clients. Steve Trow has impressed me—I found him to be very switched on. He understands issues in a sophisticated, nuanced way and has had experience in the exact situation required by one of our clients. I’d rather deal with someone who’s done something successfully, rather than with someone who can just discuss it conceptually. With Trow & Rahal, we have the opportunity to build a strong partnership.
To learn how our Winning Immigration Strategies can work for you, contact us today.